Wire Crochet Necklace
One spool of copper 28 gauge wire
Copper foil tape (used in Soldering)
Assorted beads —40 for a single strand choker, 20 for single strand bracelet. ( 100 for necklace and 50 for bracelet.)
Metal crochet hook, size G.
Wire cutters and needle-nose pliers
Findings: jumprings ,clasp, wire hooks
- 1. String your beads onto the wire, leaving it attached to the spool. Push them along down the wire toward the spool
- 2. Form a slip-knot with your wire. Now, put your crochet hook through that slip knot, and tighten, while leaving a little space for movement
- 3. Chain three. *** Chain Stitch***Take the end of your wire that’s still attached to the spool, and wrap it over your hook. Wrap from the back of the hook to the front. Pull it through the slip knot.
- 4. Slide a bead up along the wire, all the way to the hook. Reach hook in front of the bead, and wrap the wire over it as in a chain stitch. Catch the wire in your hook, and pull it through. Continue until no loose beads remain.
- 5. Finish your strand with three more chain stitches. Cut the wire free of the spool, leaving about a 3″ tail of wire at both ends.
- 6. Take the loose tail of wire and wrap it through that end loop a few times to anchor your stitching. Cut the loose end of the wire close to that loop. Repeat for other end. Attach your jumprings and finding.
Copper Wrapped Charms for Necklace and Bracelet
Tools & Materials
Smooth White Paper
Clearsnap Archival Ink – Wicked Black, Fluid Chalk Ink – Blackberry, Blue Lagoon, Sour Apple
Stylus Set with White foam tips
Hampton Art Stamps – Cling Curtain Call 2
Copper Wire hooks
- Stamp images in Wicked black on the white paper.
- Use the Stylus Set with a white foam blender tip for each color and apply color randomly to the images.
- Cover one side of the tiles with Glue Gloss. Firmly press tile over image. Make sure there are no air bubbles. Allow to completely dry. Trim excess paper from edges and wrap with copper foil.
- Adhere copper tags to back of piece and affix to necklace and bracelet with jump rings. Make as many as needed for your piece.
- Create two matching images for the earrings. Affix to wire hooks with jump ring.