Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools Challenge
- Basket with interchangeable flowers
I have a habit of not being able to say no, and when the opportunity to participate in a design challenge by Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools came up I could not resist. After all who does not like working with a high quality product? Part of the challenge was also working with The Duck Brand® Duct Tape and VELCRO® Brand Hook and Loop Fasteners. Also both items I like. When my packages arrive I about had a heart attack. Neon Pink, Zebra and Hello Kitty are not exactly my style. I am an earth-tone kinda gal. I get really daring and branch out into jewel tones. My mom on the other hand, was here for a visit and thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread. (I swear I was switched at birth and I am waiting on my real mom to find me!!!) I decided I would make baby girl a purse. I made the pattern and started sewing. BIG mistake. The adhesive on the tape gunked up my sewing machine. So then I decided I would cut it out and adhere it all together. Let me say the Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools Titanium scissors did not have a problem cutting through the tape. The adhesive did not stick to them either. Maybe they should make titanium needles for people like me. Well the purse idea went south so I decided to make a basket with interchangeable flowers. Gigi can drag the basket around and play with different flowers using the VELCRO® Brand Hook and Loop Fasteners to pull them on and back on.
- Duct Tape Basket
This is how I made the project.
- Place The Duck Brand® Duct Tape on sheet of paper
- Line up pattern across sheet of paper if possible
- Draw pattern on paper & cut out
- Assemble basket and cover inside with The Duck Brand® Duct Tape
- Tie bow around handle and add VELCRO® Brand Hook and Loop Fasteners
Review of Westcott Scissors
Jen Goode has a giveaway of Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools to enter the giveaway:
As part of this project she received a fantastic collection of Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools. They’re pretty in pink and terrific for crafty creations, especially sticky items like duct tape because the Titanium Non Stick blades don’t gum up from the tape adhesive. She already have a collection of Westcott Brand® cutting tools and wanted to share.
Giveaway is a $95 set of Westcott Brand© Cutting Tools which includes:
- Pink Westcott Leopard style 8″ Scissor Holster designed by Marisa Pawelko USD$ 9.99
- Pink Westcott Craft Titanium Non Stick Scissors, 8″, AssortedUSD$ 18.55
- Pink Westcott Craft Titanium Non Stick Scissors with Microtip, 5″, Assorted USD$ 16.25
- Pink Westcott Craft Titanium Bonded Scissors, 3″, Assorted USD$ 8.70
- Pink Westcott Paper Trimmer With Titanium Bonded Cut And Score Blades, 12″ USD$ 29.85
- Westcott Cutting Mat 9”x12” reg. 11.99
Leave a comment on her blog 100 Directions that includes what you’d make with the Westcott Brand® Cutting Tools AND which Westcott Brand® Cutting ToolsDesigner Challenge project you like best. One entry.
Drawing will take place October 7, 2011, at 7:30pm EST. Must be a US Resident, age 18 or older to enter. Winner will be notified via e-mail and have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
The items in this giveaway were provided by Westcott Brand®.
***Also there is an auction for craft items benefiting Charity Wings Link to online auction: http://charitywingsnews.blogspot.com/2011/10/westcott-brand-and-friends-auction-for.html (pieces are still being added) ***
To hop around other sites and see more creations click on the Designer Craft Connection logo on the left.