Make a lovely Fall necklace in and evening or afternoon. The directions are below on how to make the crochet necklace. To make the pendant you will need your favorite clay. For this piece I used Cernit White. A round metal blank was covered with clay then I stamped a Gina K stamp into the clay. I trimmed around the edge to remove excess. Then I baked it. After it cooled I painted it with Lumiere paint.
Directions to make crochet necklace
Wire Crochet Necklace
One spool of copper 28 gauge wire
Assorted beads —40 for a single strand choker, 20 for single strand bracelet. ( 100 for necklace and 50 for bracelet.)
Metal crochet hook, size G.
Wire cutters and needle-nose pliers
Findings: jumprings ,clasp, wire hooks
- 1. String your beads onto the wire, leaving it attached to the spool. Push them along down the wire toward the spool
- 2. Form a slip-knot with your wire. Now, put your crochet hook through that slip knot, and tighten, while leaving a little space for movement
- 3. Chain three. *** Chain Stitch***Take the end of your wire that’s still attached to the spool, and wrap it over your hook. Wrap from the back of the hook to the front. Pull it through the slip knot.
- 4. Slide a bead up along the wire, all the way to the hook. Reach hook in front of the bead, and wrap the wire over it as in a chain stitch. Catch the wire in your hook, and pull it through. Continue until no loose beads remain.
- 5. Finish your strand with three more chain stitches. Cut the wire free of the spool, leaving about a 3″ tail of wire at both ends.
- 6. Take the loose tail of wire and wrap it through that end loop a few times to anchor your stitching. Cut the loose end of the wire close to that loop. Repeat for other end. Attach your jumprings and finding.