Valentine’s Day is often celebrated by giving confectionary delights and bouquets of flowers. Presenting them with homemade accessories makes them even more special. Custom gift bags are very easy to make with a bit of paper and scrapbooking embellishments.
Here is a gift bag, a card and bonus mini cards that will really show your Valentine how much you care!
- Core’dinations Ebony & Ivory Cardstock
- Gift Bag
- Felties Valentine Pink Owl
- Felties Valentine Peace Hearts
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
- Red Marker
- Thickers Alphabet Stickers – Cherry
- Gingham Ribbon
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cut Machine
- Sizzix Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget
- Core’dinations Dust Buddy
- Clever Lever Scallop Punch
1. Assemble the pink owl. Adhere pieces together and set aside to dry.
2. Cut black paper to fit your gift bag. Cut pink paper to size similar to one shown. The main card is 6×6″ and the small cards are 3×3″.
3. Place cardstock in embossing folder and follow manufacturers directions on how to emboss. Remove from embossing folder.
4. Use the Sand-It gadget to sand the paper. Use the Dust buddy to remove the dust. (I like to tap my Sand-It gadget on the inside of the garbage can to remove the excess dust that can build up on it.) Repeat this step for all of the cardstock you wish to emboss.
5. Adhere your completed owl to the gift bag and add the sentiment of your choice.
6. Adhere the paper pieces to the 6×6″ card base. Adhere heart and add sentiment of your choice.
Use the scraps of the paper to make the mini cards. The circles are made with Clever Lever punches. Embellish as desired.
If you would like to see a photos on how to sand the Core’dinations card stock, check out this card. I also made that project and the project above for Crafts Unleashed with material provided by them.